It must be noted that the students already in Canada with a valid study permit fall into the category of international students.
For the offshore applicants, applying for a study permit requires a valid passport along with the offer letter from the college. Furthermore, as English is the mode of instruction, the students belonging to the non-English speaking regions shall be required to submit a proof of their English proficiency while applying for admission to the college. 
Students are eligible to seek part-time employment while their stay in Canada. However, they shall require a CO-OP work-permit for taking part in internships or other cooperative programs.